Mission, Vision and Objectives
CiiEM mission consists of the development of advanced research, basic and applied, in subjects connected to the study and teaching of biomedical sciences as well as other scientific fields applied to health care.
CiiEM provides an environment tailored to promoting the advance of knowledge in the scientific fields associated with health and health care, including sociology, psychology and forensic sciences, while implementing a demanding culture of quality. This environment is an essential part of the translational interface promoted by Egas Moniz, Cooperativa de Ensino Superior CRL, linking the needs of industry, clinics and society.
CiiEM seeks to impart an effective dynamic to specific actions that include research projects using collaborative activities where appropriate, services based on advanced research and training, dissemination actions and outreach activities, thus complementing the professional training and development of Egas Moniz students with relevant soft skills.
The main CiiEM development objectives are Excellence, Dissemination, Visibility and Outreach.
- Promote high quality scientific work
- Increase the number and quality of research projects, mainly international
- Set up and participate in clinical Big Data databases
- Develop the participation in Master and PhD thesis
- Open Science policy
- Increase quality and number of scientific publications
- Increase society-directed scientific dissemination
- Increase the profile os specific areas, such as Periodontology
- Pioneering Forensic services that advise the public authorities, namely the Judicial System and Police
- Increase the overall Scientific profile
- Empower Clinics and Services
- Creation of a StartUP Incubator